Did you know your cats should be eating more canned/wet food?
Cats naturally have a lower thirst-drive and don’t drink as much as they should. So often times, they are in a constant state of dehydration. Also, wet food is great when you’re trying to get your kitty to lose weight.
Studies have shown that cats lose weight much easier on canned food versus dry. Dry food is very calorically dense and is high in carbohydrates which are not as satisfying to a cat as protein is. Wet food is also higher in water content which fills up your cat faster, so they don’t eat as much.
Canned/wet food may help kitties with:
- Kidney disease
- Cystitis/Urethral blockage/Urinary tract infection/Crystals
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Hepatic Lipidosis (fatty liver disease)
Other great links on the benefits of wet cat food:
- Canned Response: Petplan Pet Insurance on the Benefits of Feeding Cats Canned Food
- WebMD – Cat Food 101: What You Need to Know About Feeding Your Cat
- Vet Info: The Benefits of Canned Food
We have recently expanded our selection of canned/wet cat food available in the clinic. Stop buy and pick some up for your kitty today!